How We Collect Information
We may collect information about you by various means, including:
- Directly from you, both online (e.g., website) and offline (e.g., phone);
- Through your use of our websites or related online services; and
- From other third party sources and social media platforms that you may use to engage with us, as well as from our affiliates or third parties for the purposes provided below, and/or to supplement information we already possess.
Types of Information We Collect
In order to better provide you with our Services, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Profile and subscription information, such as a username and password (where we offer account creation), your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and usage and subscription preferences, which may include signing up to some of our Services or communications from us;
- Transactional information including payment information and shopping history if we provide the ability to make purchases through the Services;
- Survey information in response to questions we may send you through the Services, including for feedback and research purposes;
- User Content you may provide to publicly post via the Services if we permit (e.g., reviews and ratings);
- Communications between you and us, such as via e-mail, mail, phone or other channels;
- Offline activity you directly engage in with us, if any; and
- Online User Activity described in the next section.
If you provide us with information regarding another individual, you represent that you have that person’s consent to give us his or her information and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Online User Activity, Cookies and Information Collected by Other Automated Means
Cookies are a commonly-used web technology that allow websites to store and retrieve certain information on a user’s system, and track users’ online activities. We, together with vendors we use, may collect information about your use of our Services by such automated means, including but not limited to cookies, pixels, SDKs and other similar technologies.
Cookies and similar technologies can help us automatically identify you when you return to our website. Cookies help us review website traffic patterns, improve the website, and determine what Services are popular. We can also use such information to deliver customized content and advertising to users of the Services whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
When you use the Services, the information we may collect by automated means includes, for example:
- Usage Details about your interaction with our Services (such as the date, time, and length of visits, and specific pages or content accessed during the visits, search terms, frequency of the visits, referring website addresses);
- Device Information including the IP address and other details of a device that you use to connect with our Services (such as device type and unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number); and
- Location information where you choose to provide the website with access to information about your device’s location.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you for purposes allowed by applicable laws, including:
- Provide our Services to you, including to maintain your account, manage any purchases or transactions, and provide product recall information or other important notices;
- Respond to your requests, questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Offer and administer any loyalty program or promotions we might offer;
- Monitor the performance of our Services including metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; and
- Tailor the content we display to you in our Services and communications, including advertising, and offer products and services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our programs, our websites and other products and services we offer (including to develop new services), and diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read);
- Comply with and enforce as needed applicable legal requirements, industry standards, our policies and our contractual rights.
We may also use or share information in an anonymized or aggregate manner for many purposes such as research, analysis, modeling, marketing, and improvement of our Services.
You may see us advertising on various websites, web pages, social media and other platforms. Please note that online advertising service do not always provide us with complete information about the platforms or website on which our advertising may appear. If you believe that our advertising is being displayed through websites or channels that promote inappropriate or offensive content, please contact us.
How We Share Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances.
- We may share your information with service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, business, or other professional function for us (examples include IT services, maintenance and hosting of our Services, payment processors, shipping and returns partners, marketing partners, and other service providers). We only provide such vendors with information so they can perform their required functions on our behalf.
- We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; or (iv) under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our staff, users or the public.
Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your information in accordance with the choices you have provided us and applicable law.
Your Privacy Choices
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
- Marketing Emails: From time to time, we may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. You may choose not to receive marketing emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails you receive from us. Even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we will continue sending you non-marketing email communications, such as administrative or transaction alerts, or information about changes to our terms of service.
- Cookies: Web browsers may offer users the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our Services may not function correctly.
- Targeted Advertising: We may potentially work with advertising partners who collect information about your online activities and provide you with choices regarding the use of your browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising. Popular advertising services you may opt out of targeted advertising from include Google, Facebook, the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance.
Special Notice Regarding Text Messages
Some of our Services may allow you to enroll in our text message program for service-related and/or promotional messages. If you affirmatively consent to receive text messages from us and enroll in such a program, you will receive updates via text unless you opt-out of the text message program. Message frequency may vary based on the Services. If at any time you would like to stop receiving text message notifications, please text “STOP” in reply to our message, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed and you will no longer receive messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending messages to you again.
If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP” back to us and we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
Participating carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
For any questions about our text program, you can contact us as provided below.
Certain states, including California, may provide rights to individuals and households with respect to the collection and use of personal information collected by businesses subject to the law. This may include the right to request that a business: (i) disclose personal information maintained about the individual; (ii) correct or delete personal information maintained about the individual (subject to certain exceptions); or (iii) not sell personal information about the individual to a third party (excluding qualified service providers). It can be unlawful to discriminate against an individual for exercising such rights. You can submit such requests to us via the contact information provided below and we will endeavor to fulfill any obligations that are legally-required, otherwise we will respond to requests in our discretion.
For Nevada residents, please note that we do not sell personal information as defined by Nevada law (Ch. 603A, Sec. 1.6). You can submit a request to us regarding the sale of such information via the contact information provided below.
Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
Our Services may contain links to other websites or online services, including social media. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites or online services, and we encourage you to be aware when you leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of any other website or online service that collects personal information.
You may see us promoted by other businesses on various websites, web pages, social media and other platforms. Please note that we do not always have complete information about where our brand may be displayed or promoted, and if you believe that we are featured in venues that are inappropriate or offensive, please contact us.
How We Protect Information
We endeavor to maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures in the event of any compromise of personal information. To the extent the law allows us to provide such notification via e-mail or conspicuous posting on the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13 on our Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through our Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our systems. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will endeavor to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as directed below.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, do not share any personal information on any public content channel we may offer (e.g., User Content). If you do post any such information, you can request removal by contacting us as directed below.
International Data Transfers and Use